Zasady anulowania rezerwacji
Zwrot 100% środków w przypadku anulowania 14 dni przed datą przyjazdu. Zwrot 50% środków w przypadku anulowania 7 dni przed datą przyjazdu.
This property is located overlooking the LA basin, offering breathtaking views day and night with plenty of of outdoor living opportunities. The property owner was responsive and very pleasant to work with; thank you, Iris!
Gorgeous view of Santa Monica - Downtown - OC!
Lots of amenities to enjoy: pool, hot tub, ping pong, bbq grill, tennis court, trampoline, and basketball court! Beautiful home, thank you for having us Iris!
We had a great family vacation at this lovely home in Rancho Palos Verdes. The views out back were amazing and Iris was a wonderful and thoughtful host - even left a beautiful flower arrangement for us! We all really enjoyed the hot tub and pool looking out over the LA area.
Dear Joe & Sharon,
Thank you very much for staying at our house, being considerate, good communicators, and wonderful guests. We are glad that your family enjoyed your vacation,. We really appreciate that you cleaned the house and washed the towels before your departure. Thank you for providing the feedback too!
You and your family are welcome to stay whenever you need.
Fantastic location and views
First off, it should be made clear in the listing the family that owns this home, lives there. A prior renter commented on this, but it needs to be highlighted. The closets are full, the refrigerator is full and trash cans outside were full making it impossible for us to use them to throw away our own trash. As it is the city provided rubbish can is very small--for house this size the owners need to get a second can or ask their waste management company for larger one.
Secondly, the house was not professionally cleaned. The owner was still cleaning the house when we arrived after 3PM the check-in time. She asked us to leave and come back, but we had just driven 2 hours from Temecula and we were waiting for our adult children and their spouses to arrive from LB and LAX airports via UBER. What were we supposed to tell them, wait at the airport??
More on cleaning: it was not that clean i.e spiders in the master bath and other bathrooms. A large spider came down above my son's head as he was playing the piano. Granted it is in a heavy wooded area but we found candy stuffed in the owner's child's room which one of our adult children slept in with her husband-this is a magnet for spiders and other bugs. I found a garlic keeper container with a garlic still in it under the kitchen sink and it wasn't like there is a trash can under the sink and maybe it was met to be thrown away, nope the trash is in a compactor.
This is not a normal VRBO property. We should know, we've stayed all over in other VRBO properties in the USA and in Europe.
The house did suit our needs which was to get together with our adult children, spouses and in-laws to have a few hours of food, swimming and celebrating our soon to arrive grand daughter, but if we were staying any length of time, I think the spiders and the filled refrigerator, dirty kitchen appliances would soon bother me.
View is great, pool was clean. However, attention to detail is needed, so many spider webs outside and inside. A bucket near the BBQ was filled with old cigarette butts. Stray kids toys, squirt gun, old wrappings from candy. Inside the family/TV room there was an old Tootsie pop by the bookcase, along with a hair tie, broken pencil, odd stray trash. Someone has a major candy issue or something.
Glad we could rent the place. It suited our need at the time but the owner needs to hire professional cleaners and have the gardener clean off the deck and remove all the webs.
First of all, just to be clear:
1) We live in our house during the school year, only do VRBO during part of the summer. When guests pay for their stay, they have full control of the house. We don't stay there when the guest using the house.
2) We do hire professionals to clean the house, yard, and pool. On the day of this guest checking in, they arrived 20 minutes early, I was doing my quality control, checking different areas and doing more cleaning where needed. I told them that they were earlier than their checking in time, we were not quite ready yet, they can come back in 15 minutes or they can stay in the backyard. They chose to stay in our backyard to enjoy the view until we were ready. The house was ready at the time they were supposed to check in.
3) I am not sure where they experienced the spider web, there could be some, but when I checked, I didn't see any. However, if people focus on finding what they want to find, I am sure one can find that in any house.
4) As for the trash, I was really disturbed by this group of guests on how much trash they generated in the 3 days they stayed. They checked in on a Friday, the day after the trash collection, and the trash can was almost empty. They booked and paid for 3 days for 4 people, and by the time they left, they filled up the whole trash can and left a gigantic pile of trash with more than 12 huge bags (the big black construction trash bags) of trash -- I had to hire a truck to tow away their trash. The pile of trash they generated in 3 days can fill up more than 12 large trash cans and was a lot more than my family of 8 people can generate in 3 whole months. I don't ask anyone to do anything for my house, but I do want to remind all guests to please think about our mother earth and be sensitive with waste! The amount of trash obviously was not created by the 4 people as they booked and paid.
5) It appears that this guest really paid a lot of attention to my kid's candy. Even checked their drawers. It is interesting that she can act as if she knows my kids and judge them just from checking their stuff.
6) From the review and from my pool guy, I understand this group of guests had a lot more people than the 4 people they paid for. Obviously, they were not being honest on that fact, so with many other things said in their review.